- Australian shepherd, male
- Born 10.06.2014, Finland
- Black bicolor, long tail
- Breeder: Shanti Karinen, Helsinki, Finland
- Owner: Tiia Lempiäinen, Espoo
- FCI registered
- Height: 54 cm
- Weight: 20 kg
- Hips: C/B
- Elbows: 0/0
- Eyes: healthy as a pup & 02/18 (PPM iris-iris)
- Back: LTV0, VA0 (healthy)
- All teeth, correct bite
- MyDogDNA-tested: MDR1, HSF4, CEA & PRA-free
- Competes in agility class 3, ASCA-agility titles GS-E JS-E RS-O
- Passed FCI Traditional Style herding pre-trial PAIM-E
- Passed character test in 2017 with +144 points, secure of shots >>>video
- From aussie specialty show grade "very good"
- Sire: Wonder Hill S Bar L Keen "Keen"
- Dam: Black Zone's Alicia Chinn "Dracu"
- Piki's siblings: Disney litter
- Piki's 1st litter: Space litter
- >>>Piki in Finnish database
Piki is from my first litter, his official name is Red'n Ready The Beast. In my opinion Piki is one of the best dogs I've bred, and the kind of dog that I hope to have someday. He's a very intensive and quiet worker who never loses his temper but has enough energy and speed to go just as far in agility as his instructor can go. Piki is very calm and quiet at home, but let's you know very clearly if somebody is coming. Even though Piki has a lot of guarding instinct at home, as soon as his people receive the visitors he readily accepts them. Piki is not reserved, and in agility competitions he loves to beg for scratches from anyone. He also doesn't guard the car or other possessions, and is very relaxed in trainings and trials. You could leave him to watch the competition for a whole day and he doesn't mind the crowd and doesn't bark or provoke passing dogs.
Piki has been very independent since he was a puppy, and building a relationship with the owner has required quite a lot of work. He has wanted to explore the world by himself since he was young, and sometimes forgets people when he gets going. Piki's owners have put a lot of effort into training, and nowadays Piki is a lot better at staying with his pack. Piki's main hobby is agility, but he also does obedience, rally obedience, herding and canicross/skiing. Even though Piki is a very intense and instinct-led dog (he's often compared to a malinois) and he was their first sport dog, his owners have done a good job with him. Piki has been very healthy his whole life, the only question mark has been his B/C hips. I decided to breed him despite the hips since they were tight and the vet that first x-rayed them rated them "perfect A hips". We were all surprised when the official rating from the Kennel club was so different. We re-imaged the hips when Piki was 3, and the orthopedist said that the slightly shallower hip joints are not going to affect his active agility career and he doesn't see any reason to not use him for breeding for a cosmetic issue. Let's hope that the hips never bother Piki and his puppies inherit the best parts.
Banner: Anne Barck Photography
Content: Shanti Karinen